New Zealand’s premier biodynamic agriculture teacher Glen Atkinson last appeared on BD Now! in Episode 19. Glen has recently updated his many publications related to Rudolf Stiener’s Agriculture Course. You can order hardcopies or download free digital copies at his Garuda site.
Along with Peter Bacchus, Glen is a founder and trustee of The Biodynamic College, an on-line biodynamic agriculture learning community.
Glen is an Astrologer, Gardener, Homeopath and Philosopher. His endeavors have been focused on developing the understanding of the agricultural and medical work of the turn of the early 20th century German philosopher, Dr Rudolf Steiner.
Glen began working with Dr Steiner’s indications in 1976 and has since made developments in several fields. His innovation and understanding of Dr Steiner’s suggestions have come firstly from recognising the fundamental similiarity, between the traditional Astrological world view and Steiner’s suggestions. Then from experimentation and observation. A simple yet innovative theory of manifestation – The Atkinson Conjecture – has become the basis for his many practical activities.
Glen accepts that, all the forces and activities talked of in Dr Steiner’s Agriculture Course exist within the electro magnetic spectrum, and that the physical Universe is big enough to be ‘God’ . Hence, what can be known and proven, forms the basics of his observation, reference and practice. There are several free books outlining the basis of this world view available on Glen’s webpage.
Dr Steiner’s agricultural indications are contained within a series of 8 lectures known as the ‘Agriculture Course’. To aid in their understanding and appreciation, we have provided these often difficult lectures with a commentary, that seeks to harmonise them into a cohesive comphrehensible whole. More recently Glen has reorganised and lightly edited the theoretical parts of the original text, to enable an easier appreciation of the message contained with in.
“Garuda” is Glen’s brand. On his website he shares why he picked this name:
Garuda is a Hindu god, who as an incarnated EAGLE manifestation of the primary god Vishnu. He performs several essential functions in life.
In India he is represented as a protector of the godly and all that is good for life.
In Indonesia he is represented as the Eagle who carries Vishnu to the Earth, thus he is “Bringing Spirit to Earth”.
The Eagle also represents the ability to fly high and gain a far seeing vision , or large overview perspective of Life, while being able to also see the specific details of the environment.
This last quality I see mirrored in a suggestion by Rudolf Steiner (RS)
“… when we want to understand the plant, we must bring into question not only plant animal and human life, but the whole universe. For life comes from the whole universe not only the Earth. Nature is a unity and her forces are at work from all sides. He who can keep his mind open to the manifest workings of these forces will understand her. ” R.S. Pg 70 1938 Agriculture. (1)
This statement has long been a ‘guiding thought’ for me in my working with his indications, which so beautifully brings Spirit to Earth and help life processes function at their optimum.’ (GA)”
Download this episode HERE
Table of Contents
- 2.26 Who is Glen Atkinson?
- Atkinson’s applications of Rudolf Steiner’s medical teachings to homeopathy and agriculture
- 5.00 All illnesses are derived from energetic problems or imbalances stemming from four aspects: Spirit, Astral, Physical and Etheric.
- 5.30 Energetic problems causing illnesses can be cured through preparation of plants and chemical compounds made into “energetic” preparations. These can also cure imbalances in the soil and be used for bird control, plant growth stimulants, frost protection, etc.
- 7.56 Atkinson’s Expansion on Steiner’s list for Energetic Preparations for Agriculture, the Environment and Human Health.
- 13.05 Atkinson and his work on Homeopathic Water-based Sprays to Eliminate Odor from Fertilizers and Improve their Quality.
- 16.47 Mother Tinctures and Dilution Efficacy and Use
- 19.40 Spraying Plants vs Treating the Roots
- 22.03 Agrihomeopathy vs the Biodynamic Approach and Steiner’s Research
- 27.17 How to control Harlequin bugs
- 31.48 The Periodic Table and the Importance of using Spheres aligned with the North Magnetic Pole
- 37.03 How to Use a Sphere to Collect the Energy of an Element for Healing Imbalances
- 41.20 The Use of Younger Plants vs Older Plants for Making Preparations
- 42.38 Radionics Pros and Cons
- 45.40 Atkinson’s Views on using Techniques like Dowsing for Creating Preparations
- 48.17 Homeopathic Formulators
- 50.24 Tests for Salt accumulation as a radionic potentizer using the earth’s magnetic field
- 52.40 Tips for the collection methods of radionic potentizers from Atkinson’s website using spherical diagrams
- 54.00 Websites for Biodynamic Movements such as “Adopt an Octagon” and others
- 58.07 Atkinson and his Creation of a Biodynamic College teaching Energy Sciences
- 1.01 Invitation for another interview with Atkinson focusing on “Who is Rudolf Steiner?” and more about Atkinson’s books